We have advanced starch analytical capabilities.
- Total Starch analysis.
- Starch damage analysis.
- Starch rheological properties by Rapid Visco-Analysis (Newport Scientific, RVA 4S).
- Amylose/Amylopectin ratio analysis using by dual-wavelength iodine binding method.
- Starch Percent Gelatinization Analysis: A wide range of gelatinization analysis techniques are available; including enzymatic assays, microscopy (light microscopy percent birefringence), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) by Perkin Elmer Pyris-1 system, and X-ray Diffraction (wide-angle XRD) .
- Molecular weight and polymer characterization by High Performance Size-Exclusion Chromatography (HPSEC using Shodex SB series columns) with MALLS (Brookhaven Instruments BiMwA).
- Other starch analytical and research capabilities include;
- Acid and enzyme susceptibility analysis.
- Resistant starch analysis.
- Starch physical and chemical modifications.
- Starch-based functional ingredient and product development.
 Zhu, T., Jackson, D. S., Wehling, R. L., Geera, B., Comparison of amylose determination methods and the development of a dual wavelength iodine binding technique. Cereal chemistry 2008, 85, 51-58.
 Ratnayake, W. S., Jackson, D. S., A new insight into the gelatinization process of native starches. Carbohydrate Polymers 2007, 67, 511-529.